Ah, it’s the nearly the end of the first day in 2013 already? Blasphemous! I can’t even believe 2013 is upon us at all. I’ve been fancying it’s arrival since 9th grade, but wasn’t that a week ago? You can’t convince me it was 4 years ago! But anyway! There are certain books that I really do want to get my hands on this year. Thanks to the Broke and Bookish, I get to make a top ten list.
1.This was the first John Green book I ever wanted to read. I haven’t found it in my local library yet, but I’m moving this year. Fingers crossed I’ll find it then. If not, then I’ll try Amazon. But I really, really want to read this one.
2.Like all of Rowling’s fans, I’ve been waiting for her newest creation for a long time. Yet, when it did come out, I happened to be broke and had a lot of unfinished books on my shelf. Although I’m still not entirely sure what it is about, it has been recommended to me by several people, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
3. I’ve seen this book around the bookstore several times and have wanted it for a while but I kept putting it off. I haven’t watched the movie either –just tiny bits of it. So yeah, this one too!
4. I heard about this book before I’d heard about the Great Gatsby. Nonetheless, it’s been harder to find. After being stunned by Gatsby, I’m even more excited to read this one even though I’ve heard that it doesn’t compare to Gatsby.
5. I’ve watched this movie at school last year and have been wanting to read it ever since. I’m slightly daunted by the Bronte sisters’ ardour for lavish descriptions. But I really do want to read it.
6. I almost bought this book this summer, but the bookstore only had this HUGE hardcover edition, which was also very expensive. Therefore, I abandoned it even though I really wanted it. I STILL DO!
7. This was such a beautiful movie! I didn’t realise it’s a book until very recently, and was glad to hear so! I can’t imagine what it’d be like on paper, but I’m very eager to find out.
8. I’m not sure where I’ve first heard of this book or what exactly it is that I’ve heard about it. I do know I want to read it though. And it keeps popping up everywhere that I can’t avoid it anymore.
9. This book attracts me even though I don’t know much about it. I haven’t seen it around my bookstore either so I’m not sure when I’ll be getting it. It does have a gorgeous cover though.
10. This was recommended to me before I ever read a Jodi Picoult book. Its synopsis is one of the few that I can easily recall, and it’s my next Jodi Picoult book to read.
What books are you anticipating this year? Have you read any of the ones I’ve mentioned above?
Once again, happy new year!